First, I created a New Year's Student Reflection- Video Journal Responses & Infographic. This product includes video journal responses where students watch a short video related to the response topic, and then students write a response. Using the information they include in the journal responses, students will complete a New Year’s Infographic.
• 6 video journal responses that address various areas included in the infographic (goal setting, SMART Goals, resolutions, making positive changes, symbolism, etc.).
• 2 page infographic
Another product I use is a New Year's Character Reflection & Infographic. This activity is a great
way to analyze a character, while also putting the New Year's spin on it.
The activities in this product will require students to:
• Develop a New Year’s resolution for the character
• Determine character’s most cherished memories
• Establish the character’s favorite “things”
• Symbolization- 5 symbols that represent the character
• Goals for the New Year
Similar to the topics discussed in the Infographic are these New Year's Character Reflection Task Cards! This Common Core aligned product includes 20 task cards that require students to think critically about the character(s) being addressed, as well as to support their answers with evidence. Approximately half of the cards require students to reflect on the character’s
I'd love to here what you do with your students when you head back to school in January. It would be great to have a variety of activities on hand to be ready to go!