As a secondary English teacher, I want to develop strong writers. In the 21st century, it's imperative that students understand how to implement complete sentences and paragraphs that are descriptive, well thought out, and demonstrate a variety in length and structure. In order to be able to do this, they not only need to clearly identify the various parts of speech, but they also need to understand what constitutes a simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex sentence. Because these aren't always the most engaging lessons, I wanted to come up with interactive and digital activities that students would not only learn from, but would also have fun while doing them. This is how my Digital Grammar Skills & Parts of Speech Bundle was born.
My students absolutely LOVED these activities and have grown so much in the process!
This product includes:
• Capitalization Digital Task Cards
• Comma Digital task cards
• Quotation Digital Task Cards
• Subject & Predicate Matching Activity and Digital Task Cards
• Types of Sentences Matching Activity and Digital Task Cards
• Independent & Dependent Clauses Matching Activity and Digital Task Cards
• Types of Verbs Matching Activity and Digital Task Cards
• Types of Pronouns Matching Activity and Digital Task Cards
• Interactive matching activities on all 8 parts of speech
• Individual interactive activities on nouns, pronouns, adjectives, adverbs, verbs, prepositions, conjunctions, and interjections
• Answer Key
Google Drive Info
• Instructions for both teacher and students on how to use in your class
• Link to activities
• Instructions for Microsoft OneDrive users
• Tips & Tricks for Teachers and Students
What are some of your favorite go-to activities? I'd love to hear about them in the comments. Make sure to "hop" by the other Secondary ELA blogs for more tips and resources, and enter at the Rafflectopter below for your chance to win one of the TPT gift cards!!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway