Last year, my electric pencil sharpener got broken for the millionth time by one of my "it's not my fault" students. It was then that I decided that I was DONE with electric pencil sharpeners altogether. So over the summer, I started researching, yes, I said researching (only teachers would actually research pencil sharpeners), pencil sharpeners to use w/ students. I also asked around in my teacher Facebook groups, and everybody seemed to suggest the same one-- the Classroom Friendly Pencil Sharpener.
Once I saw it in action, I have to say... I was AMAZED! A few of my favorite things about it are: it's extremely quite, has an auto-stop, AND it's portable! That means you can take it with you any time you're moved to another classroom or school, take it home over summer break, and students can even pass it around to those that need to use it!!! It does come with mounting hardware, but I prefer to be able to transfer it as needed. My students and I both agree that we've never seen a better sharpened pencil! To see how it works, check out this video.
My plan is to purchase several so that I can post them around my classroom and students can have easy access when needed.
- A "must have" for every teacher.
- A unique and practical teacher gift.
- Old-school retro look.
- Quiet sharpening eliminates classroom interruptions.
- Automatic stopping once the perfect point is formed. This prevents over-sharpening.
- Works on standard sized pencils.
- Clear plastic disposal tray for easy cleaning.
- Easy to use (as young as 5 years of age.)
- Sturdy metal frame (approximately 3"x 3"x 5")
- Portable or mounts to a surface. Clamp included.
- Did I already mention that it was quiet?
- Sorry, we ship to the USA only.