Monday, January 30, 2017

Differentiating with Google Classroom

As I shared in a previous post, my students have been working in digital literature circles with the books we're currently reading.  I typically allow them to work on their assigned reading/jobs about 3 days a week for approximately 20-30 minutes.  There are a couple groups who have finished their work early, and this is where the new Google Classroom feature comes in-- assigning work to individual students.

I can't tell you how excited I was when I found out that we could now assign work to individuals, groups, etc. without assigning activities to the whole class!  This makes differentiation a breeze!  Now, when I have early finishers, I have them choose from a couple of these Digital Reading Activities that work for ANY novel or short stories.

To assign work to individuals in Google Classroom, follow these easy steps:






For those of you who use Google Classroom, how do you plan to differentiate using this new feature?  I'd love to hear all about it in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment